multithread

May 2, 2014 at 9:44 PM
Hello, I will write robust app for 150 agents. There will be one internal api and based at agent request asterisk create conference with silent line and there will be some functions for playing files during conversation... Every agent(line) can call this function independently a every line has private IVR tree.

My question is about multithread. Is possible to call AsterNet as multithread? For every connection will be used login method and private process... Or is better use only one connection and call everything over one connection?

Any restriction with FastAgi multiconnections?

Or is any change how to play file during conversation withou create conference?

Thank you for answers and hints.
Coordinator
May 4, 2014 at 9:31 AM
Hi,

It's depends on how you are using AsterNET. FastAGI for example forks each new connection on a new thread. AMI however can be controlled to wither either Sync or ASync. Having it in Synchronous mode means that each new event passed into AsterNET framework is fired on the same thread to event handlers. However, if you put it in ASync mode, then each event is fired on a new thread. This means you can handle far more data, and also not have any blocking issues. The problem comes however if you are wanting to read events in order. An example would be DTMF events.

AsterNET leaves it to you to decide how best to handle multi-threading.
May 4, 2014 at 3:48 PM
ok, I will try to compare both...

Thank you