Initiate an call to a full Phone Number

Apr 25, 2014 at 4:37 PM
Hi,

I am trying to use AsterNET to initiate a call to a full phone number. For example 888-555-1212. I have look at some of the examples on the discussion board, the source code, and also the AstTray codeplex project.

I also downloaded and tried to run the test console program in the project, but none of them seem to work. I have an active connection to Asterisk and I can successfully make calls using a SIP softphone client. I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

Here is the code I am attempting to use. It is returning as "IsSuccess" = true, so it appears to be formatted OK. I am also trapping the OriginateResponse event, but that is returning a "Failure" in the response property. Any help would be appreciated.
  Private Sub btnCall_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles btnCall.Click
        Try

Dim originateAction As New Action.OriginateAction
            Dim originateResponse As New Response.ManagerResponse

originateAction.Context = "from-internal"
            originateAction.Channel = "sip/42"
            originateAction.CallerId = "556677"
            originateAction.Exten = "8885551212"
            originateAction.Priority = "1"
            originateAction.Timeout = 10000
            originateAction.Async = True

originateResponse = Manager.SendAction(originateAction, originateAction.Timeout)
            If originateResponse.IsSuccess Then
                Dim bob As String = ""
            End If

Catch ex As Exception
            MsgBox(ex.Message)
        End Try
    End Sub
Coordinator
Apr 27, 2014 at 8:49 PM
What's the output of the Asterisk console? You might get more information there. Make sure you turn on verbose output.
Jun 27, 2014 at 1:42 PM
My apologies for the late reply, I am just getting back to try to originate a call again. I have tried using the example project (AsterNET.test) included in the project. It connects OK, and I press enter to initiate a call. But the console program just hangs and eventually returns a timeout. No other output. I am really learning my way through a lot of this, so bare with me if it is something obvious.

I am connecting to a PBX that I can successfully make an outbound call using a 3rd party SIP SDK component. Could I be missing a step or maybe need to set up a config on the server?