System Load

Apr 23, 2014 at 2:18 PM
Hi,

I am looking to incorporate AsterNET into a SIP soft phone that I developed. I want to use AsterNet to constantly query the Asterisk PBX to keep track of the calls currently "in queue" so I can make sure the softphone users are aware of them.

Doing that means that I could have 100+ connections via AsterNet to the PBX. Has anyone used AsterNET with this kind of volume before? I wasn't sure how heavy it was and didn't want to over burden the Asterisk PBX.

Any experience of feedback anyone could give is welcome. Thanks in advance...
Apr 24, 2014 at 8:17 AM
got a setup with 150+ connections to the ami. generally it works without problems.
every now and again, there are some outrages (1 or 2 a month) for a few seconds, but this is acceptable.
you can have problems with latency as well.
that is why I am currently working on a "proxy" to distribute events in a more robust way.

most of all it depends on your server hardware, network topology and latency. ami and asternet works just fine under load.
Apr 24, 2014 at 8:43 AM
Gary,

I'd be interested to see your work on a distribution proxy. I've seen a couple, and there is one here on codeplex unrelated to AsterNET, but if you did something that you were happy to open source, we'd be interested in having it as a sub project of AsterNET perhaps.
Apr 24, 2014 at 9:02 AM
Skrusty,

at the moment, it is highly customised to my needs and no way near generic. It always was my plan to publish it open source, but finding the time is my biggest enemy :).

basically, its a windows service with asternet that is talking to a signalr hub.

I will keep you informed.
Apr 24, 2014 at 11:50 AM
Nice, not used SignalR myself yet, but looks very interesting. Keep us posted, always nice to see how AsterNET is being used!