How to check incoming call not answered by agent

May 28, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Dear All,

How to check incoming call not answered by agent? .. I am checking AgentRingNoAnswerEventHandler, but not found .. it seems like not yet implemented (please correct me if I 'm wrong)

please advice

Thanks & Regards
May 28, 2013 at 2:12 PM
Hi Kay2,

What version of Asterisk are you running as I am not aware of such an event? At the moment, in the current source version of AsterNET the only way i can see to determine if a call was or wasn't answered by an agent is to watch the AgentCallEvent and AgentConnectEvent.

If you don't get a Connect event, then the agent didn't pickup.

From the source notes:
 /// An AgentConnectEvent is triggered when a caller is connected to an agent.
May 28, 2013 at 2:14 PM
After a quick google, i see there is some documentation about this event (AgentRingNoAnswer) on voip-info.
- Event: AgentRingNoAnswer
    Modules: app_queue
    Purpose: Reports when a queue member was rung but there was no answer.
    Example:
        Event: AgentRingNoAnswer
        Queue: Support
        Uniqueid: 1177530895.2
        Channel: SIP/1000-53aee458
        Member: SIP/1000
        MemberName: Thaddeus McClintock
        Ringtime: 10
We don't currently have any handler for this that I can see in the source code. If you'd like to make a contribution to the project by adding this yourself and submitting it, that would be greatly appreciated, otherwise, please open an issue and we'll get it implemented once we have the current workload complete.
May 30, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Hello Skrusty

Could you please advice how to contribute to the project? .. is there any term and cond for doing contribution especially in the project codes ?

Thanks

May 30, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Hello Skrusty,

Ok, I will use AgentConnectEvent to determine the incoming call status..

Thanks & Regards

May 30, 2013 at 3:57 PM
kay2 wrote:
Hello Skrusty Could you please advice how to contribute to the project? .. is there any term and cond for doing contribution especially in the project codes ? Thanks
Hi Kay2, the short answer is no. You can simply submit a patch if you like with the new class and associated changes in it. To be honest we don't have a clear mandate as yet as how to handle code contributions from others. The only two ways are either signup to be contributer to the project, or submit a patch via the source code page.

Thanks for you interest!